Our weather has been in the 80s here on the East Coast of Florida, making it a little unpredictable as to when to start Spring gardening this year. Since we are heading to the beaches and wearing tank tops, I went ahead and planted our spring seeds. If the weather turns cold in March then I will just have to cover the crops and hope for the best.
Today, I thought it would be fun to make a list of our gardening inventory. I saw another blogger do this once, and I really enjoyed reading it, so I wanted to share!
Our Backyard Edibles:
- John Baer Tomatoes, a few have already arrived.
- Carrots, long imperator
- Onions, evergreen long white bunching
- Green Ice lettuce, a few heads are still left from winter gardening.
- Celery, Apio
- Sugar cane
- Lemon grass
- Parsley, Italian
- Oregano, Greek
- Vicky plant
- Mint: spearmint, orange & pineapple. The mints are currently making their spring comeback. I have missed them.
- Banana trees
- Aloe Vera
- Seeds we are waiting to sprout: red & plum radishes, sweet peas, carrots
I could go on & on with a list of our trees, flowering plants, and native landscaping, but the sun is shining and it’s Friday so I’m going to go outside and play with my little gardeners. 😉
Have a great weekend!