We have seen the return of the winter here in Florida and have been covering the garden earlier this season than usual. Trying to stay warm by our new outdoor fireplace has been our favorite activity so far this year!
The Winter Pelicans are also paying us their annual visit, as seen as at our local park over the New Year weekend.
We also received our end of the year report from WordPress, the group that hosts our blog. It was our first year as a backyard gardening blog & WordPress seemed to think it was a success, rating us “fresher than ever” & highlighting our stats for the year. Thought we could share a few since we couldn’t have done it without our friends & fellow gardeners:
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa has 296 steps to reach the top. This blog was viewed about 1,200 times in 2010. If those were steps, it would have climbed the Leaning Tower of Pisa 4 times!
- In 2010, I wrote 24 new posts, not bad for the first year! I uploaded 152 pictures, taking up a total of 261mb. That’s about 3 pictures per week.
- Our busiest day of the year was September 4th with 27 views. The most popular post that day was Our Garden.
- The top referring sites in 2010 were twitter.com, mail.yahoo.com, refzip.com, simplysusansplace.blogspot.com, and centralfloridagardener.blogspot.com.
- Some visitors came searching, mostly for organic lemongrass seeds Florida, limequat, blindfolded, limequat recipes, and limequats.
Thank you for your support and Happy Gardening in 2011!